Sense of self Counselling
How to use this page
We are committed to presenting information to bring about psychological awareness. When you know why you react to certain things you can learn to modify how you react. It is the way you react that allows you to connect well with other people. Nobody likes to be friends with people who react badly when they don not get their own way.
Learning how to deal with all kinds of situations that cross your path is the secret to getting on with other people. When you learn these ways of being in the world you will find your life is enlightened and transformed… to helping you reach your full potential and achieve your goals.
Some issues covered in the counselling/coaching sessions
- Learning about developing your people skills – how to relate better with everyone, even difficult people.
- Finding out how to be assertiveness with out being aggressive. By telling other people what you want and listening to what they want you both get what you want and get on well together… all through
- Clear communication… skills that let other people see the authentic you. Other people learn to know that you mean what you say and they realise you listen to what they say. Once this skill is perfected relationships are always smooth. Golden rule ONE: listen well to other people and check out that you heard them correctly
- Finding out how your self-confidence allows you to negotiate your life transitions successfully… being retrenched, losing your girl/boy friend, divorce, death..
- Help identifying & achieving success by making choices that reflect your life values. Once you have discovered your core values it is easy to recognise what you will need to be happy.
- Identifying the buttons that other people push that make you react unhelpfully. Other people who are not happy in themselves sometimes revel in finding out what annoys you.
Somehow, they home in on these areas in your life and make your life hell… Once you know this you can learn —
- How not to avoid conflict in order to just be liked, and how to face these issues constructively,
- Ceasing “putting yourself down behaviour” you can show other people… you deserve success.
- Reducing stress in order to better enjoy the life you already have can transform every minute of your day.