Counselling for Individuals
Personal counselling is often the first step toward making changes in your life. Whatever brings you to counselling you will find friendly counsel, helping you find some resolution or understanding of your issues.
How far sessions look deeply into the psyche of the person depends on the issues and the person.
When you consult a professionally trained counsellor/therapist you can expect the conversations to be different to those you have with your family, friends and colleagues.
This is not to deny that friends and colleagues are an excellent source of support and help in times of need… if they are available and where you feel it is appropriate to call on them.
A professional will help you distinguish between your mistaken beliefs, feelings and reactions to situations (often learned over many years from family and societal influences) in order to help you learn new actions (different to REactions), realistic feelings, beliefs and understandings drawn from careful analysis, education and the therapeutic conversations.
An important factor in these conversation with a professional is to be honest and challenging of your therapist’s and your own ideas. Counselling and therapy will aim to give you independence from other people, allowing you to make up your own mind about the feelings you have.
Once you unearth your real passions in life you may discover your dream job is just around the corner, you are happy because you have chosen work that is really lovely to do… no longer just work.
Counselling individuals covers these areas and can include many other areas depending on the person
- The sense of self in solitude and in groups
- How to create and sustain intimate relationships
- How to be real, assertive and adaptable
- Conflict resolution issues
- What does happiness really means and how to get it
- What is your passion… what are your passions…
- Family constellation impact
- Differentiation of self and why it matters
Relationship Counselling or Coaching Sessions for Individuals
Once you learn what kind of person you want to spend the rest of your life with. You will more easily identify then when you run into them. Only through discovering what makes your world move will you be able to truly identify realistic and achievable goals.
Talking over your options this kind of counselling and coaching helps you achieve clarity in your goals. Your expectations are well founded because you are laying the ground work before you start to make mistakes.
When things do go wrong, often through things out of your control, you can learn ways to help you negotiate the difficult times in your life.
Topics we will explore throughout the sessions
- Find out what you really want in a relationship or in a career
- Find out what values drive you and the implications of this in choosing a companion
- Discover what other people are thinking about you and how this influences you
- What to do if you like the look of someone
- How to keep other people interested in you
- How to develop your career and have it be your passion
- Find out how relaxation makes a difference in your relationships or your daily work
- Find ways to challenge your assumptions about yourself and other people
- How being assertive and speaking for yourself make a difference