Why counselling before marriage can be helpful
Counselling for couples intending marriage is planned to help you understand issues you may be facing now or in the future… so you are prepared well ahead of time.
The pre-marriage counselling sessions are designed to help you improve your skills with communication and conflict resolution.
Being well prepared can help you maintain a great relationship from the moment you meet right through all the trials and tribulations of being together.
- Establish clearly what each of you value in relationships and in yourself
- Are you aware of your partner’s core values? Do they match your values?
- Can you live with the differences?
- How to move from expectancies and assumptions to realistic ideals
- Develop relationship skills to enhance the intimacy of your marriage
- Learning to recognise your feelings, both good and bad and use them to enjoy your relationship
- Establishing boundaries to let each other know your real needs and desires
- Learn how personality and communication styles can effect your partnership
- What happens when a successful de-facto relationship flounders after marriage.